Selling A Property? Here's How To Add Value!
Question: Which items will add value to your home and help with resale when the time comes to sell?
The answer is: “The ones that future buyers also want and are willing to pay for.”
As a general rule, choosing the functional over the merely cosmetic and choosing neutral over unusual or exotic will pay at resale. Taste and current trends can also affect the value of an update. Unusual colors have a limited appeal.
So which updates will add the most value to your home?
- Increase usable space. Add an extra bathroom, upgrade or expand your kitchen and/or master bedroom suite, add more closet space, or convert an unused space to a more functional space, like a spare bedroom to a home office or basement into the ultimate hangout space.
- Update your kitchen and/or bathrooms. Whether you need a minor or major remodel, updating the kitchen or bathrooms in your home will yield a high return on investment. Stay timeless with your updates, but also pay attention to trends.
- Lighten and brighten your rooms. White or light color paint and floor coverings, light woods, skylights, larger windows, French doors.
- Increase privacy and security. Things like fencing and a security system with cameras.
- Revamp the exterior. Updated landscaping will draw in buyers before they even walk through the door. Keep your shrubs, trees, and grass trimmed and tidy. Add a splash of color with vibrant plants or by painting the front door an eye-catching color. Consider a focal point like a flagstone walkway or a water feature.
If you want to make top dollar selling your home, you have to add value to your home and put your best foot forward when showing your home. If you're ready to speak with one of our agents to receive expert guidance in adding value to your home, don't hesitate to contact us by filling out the form below.
As always, if you have any questions about the home selling process, please call, text, or email us today!
Which items will add value to your home and help with resale when the time comes to sell? The answer is: “The ones that future buyers also want and are willing to pay for.”View Resource
Would you like to know your home's estimated value? Our free market analysis service provides you with your property's current market value!View Resource
Let’s take a moment to talk about how we use both traditional and online strategies to promote your home to the largest group of qualified buyers.View Resource
When you hire us to list your property we provide you a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) which is a compilation of recent sales from your area.View Resource
Are you thinking about selling your home? If so, the video resources below cover many of the common questions that most people have during the home selling journey.View Resource